When I was younger, my family moved around a lot. I went to a few different elementary schools between kindergarten and 4th grade until finally we settled down in Bellevue when I was in 5th grade and we finally stayed in one place where I could make friends and continue with those friendships through middle school and high school. One thing that I realize looking back on my education is that I do not remember most of my teachers, that there are many teachers that did not play a significant role in my education because I don't even remember what their names are or what i really learned in their class. Yes, most of teachers were there to teach me the basics and I know that I wouldn't be where I am today education wise without some of my teachers but taking these education classes have reminded me that there are not that many teachers that I can remember growing up. But really, who remembers their first grade teachers? Do you remember teachers based on what happened in the classroom? Or do you remember teachers based on what they taught? Do you remember the teacher based on a good or bad experience? I think in reality it is all of the above, that most teachers are remembered by some kind of experience that a student has in the classroom.
One teacher that is extremely memorable in my eyes from middle school was Mrs. Bieler, she was my 6th grade language arts and social studies teacher. I don't know what it was about her class but I loved every minute of her class, I think it was her humor and her different methods she used for her classroom management. I also really developed a great teacher and student relationship with Mrs. Bieler and I started to babysit her children for her over the next few years of middle school. Since 6th grade I have kept my relationship with Mrs. Bieler and continue to stop in and check in with her a few times a year. I want to be that kind of teacher, the teacher that students remember years down the road and continue to come in and update me on their lives. I am excited to start this journey as an educator and I can't wait to get into my own classroom and start to make a difference in my student's lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment